2033 Howe Avenue, Suite 160
Sacramento, California 95825
Serving the counties of: Alpine, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo & Yuba
Welcome To The Area Board
The Area Board is a Federally and State funded organization that provides, among other things, advocacy supports to families who have children receiving special education services and supports from school districts as well as those who receive services from the regional center system. Further, Area Board 3 is one of 13 local area boards and is an integral part of the State Council on Developmental Disabilities, assisting families and individuals with advocacy, training, coordination and implementation of a local Strategic Plan as well as the Council’s State Plan.
The State Council on Developmental Disabilities/Area Boards, under contract with the Department of Developmental Services, provides Quality Assessment using the National Core Indicators (NCI) survey. The survey, which is used in many states, seeks information regarding how services and supports help individuals with developmental disabilities build quality lives. The survey, utilizing a patterned question response, is an organized way of asking questions during a personal interview. Visit the DDS website to access the NCI Family Survey Results, FY 2010-2011 Report.
Update: Click on the Button Statewide Self Advocacy Network to learn more about this exciting project.
The Public Policy button (above) will link you to the latest updates on Legislation that the State Council and Area Boards are tracking.
Individuals and their families will live full inclusive lives with assurance that fundamental needs are met, quality services provided and rights championed, resulting in lives rich in opportunity, guided by their hopes and their dreams.
- Advocates for the legal, civil and service rights of individuals and their families. We are representative of the community, embracing and promoting the principles and practices of inclusion.
- Works to ensure the provision of quality services by monitoring agencies and the supports that people receive.
- Advocates for and facilitates systemic change, by building partnerships with organizations that support and share our vision.
- Promotes, facilitates, and supports self-advocacy in local communities.
- Provides direct advocacy to individuals and families, empowering them through representation and the development of information and training opportunities.